Today we will talk about UNCTAD, History and its full form? And will give complete information about what its functions are. The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development promotes economic cooperation and integrations among its member states. So you have complete information about it.
What is UNCTAD
The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) is a United Nations body responsible for dealing with development issues, particularly international trade.
Its work focuses on the following key areas: Least Developed Countries and Special Programmes; Globalization, interdependence and development; international trade and commodities; investment and enterprise; and technology and trade logistics. This work often results in analysis and recommendations that can inform national and international policy-making processes and promote economic policies to end global economic inequalities and generate people-centred sustainable development.
UNCTAD Full Form in Hindi: UNCTAD का full form United Nations Conference on Trade and Development, हिंदी में संयुक्त राष्ट्र व्यापार और विकास सम्मेलन है।
Today UNCTAD is functioning in additional than 195 countries and dealing with trade, investment, and development issues.
|UNCTAD||United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)|
|Formation||30 December 1964|
|Parent Organization||United Nations General Assembly, United Nations Secretariat|
Framing policies in various domains such as trade, technology, finance, aid, and transport is the most important priority of UNCTAD. Geneva is the permanent secretariat of UNCTAD, and the conference ordinarily meets once in four years.
Working at the national, regional, and global level, our efforts help countries to:
- Comprehend options to address macro-level development challenges
- Achieve beneficial integration into the international trading system
- Diversify economies to make them less dependent on commodities
- Limit their exposure to financial volatility and debt
- Attract investment and make it more development friendly
- Increase access to digital technologies
- Promote entrepreneurship and innovation
- Help local firms move up value chains
- Speed up the flow of goods across borders
- Protect consumers from abuse
- Curb regulations that stifle competition
- Adapt to climate change and use natural resources more effectively
UNCTAD produces several topical reports, including:
- The Trade and Development Report
- The Trade and Environment Review
- The World Investment Report
- The Economic Development in Africa Report
- The Least Developed Countries Report
- UNCTAD Statistics
- Digital Economy Report (formerly known as the Information Economy Report)
- The Review of Maritime Transport
- The International Accounting and Reporting Issues Annual Review
- The Technology and Innovation Report
Frequently Asked Question
Q. What is the Full form of UNCTAD?
Ans. United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD).
Q. How many countries are in the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development?
Ans. There are 195 countries of the UNCTAD.
Q. Who is the head of the UNCTAD?
Ans. Rebeca Grynspan is the Secretary-General of the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.