The ILO is stand for International Labour Organization and it’s workplace established by the world organization to line international labor standards and advance social and economic justice throughout the planet. the sole tripartite U.N. agency, since 1919 the ILO brings together governments, employers, and workers of 187 member States, to line labor standards, develop policies and devise programs promoting decent work for all women and men. The ILO celebrates its 100th anniversary in 2019, it’s timely to reflect on the various life-changing events which are linked to the ten decades of ILO history. The organization has played a job at key historical junctures – the good Depression, decolonization, the creation of Solidarność in Poland, the victory over apartheid in South Africa – and today within the building of an ethical and productive framework for fair globalization.
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is dedicated to promoting social justice and internationally recognized human and labor rights, continuing its establishing mission that social justice is critical to universal and lasting peace. The ILO also valued what impact a transition to a green economy would wear employment. consistent with the ILO, if the proper policies are put in situ, a transition to a greener economy could create 24 million new jobs round the world by 2030.
History of ILO
Before we started with detailed information let’s have a look about the history of ILO (International Labour Organization).
- While the ILO was founded as bureau of the agency of countries following world war I, its founders had made great strides in social thought and action before 1919.
- The core members all knew each other from earlier private professional and ideological networks, within which they exchanged experiences, knowledge, and ideas on policy.
- Prewar “epistemic communities”, like the International Association for Labour Legislation (IALL), founded in 1900, and political networks, like the socialist Second International, were a determinant within the institutionalization of international labor politics.
- The ILO became the primary affiliated specific agency of the world organization in 1946. In recognition of its activities, the ILO was awarded the Nobel Prize for Peace in 1969.
Here in this section, we are providing the short overview about ILO (International Labour Organization) Let’s have a look.
|ILO||International Labour Organization|
|Formation||11 April 1919; 102 years ago|
|Type||United Nations specialized agency|
|Parent organization||United Nations General Assembly|
United Nations Economic and Social Council
|Awards||1969 Nobel Peace Prize|
List of Programmes & Issues Done by ILO
Here in this section, we are providing the information about the list of programmes and Issue done by ILO (International Labour Organization) Let’s have a look.
List of Programmes
- Labour statistics
- Training and teaching units
- Child labour
List of Issue
- Forced labour
- Minimum wage law
- Migrant workers
- Domestic workers
- ILO and globalization
- Future of Work
ILO Centenary Declaration for the Future of Work
Objective of ILO
Here in this section, we are providing detailed information about ILO (International Labour Organization) objective. let’s have a look.
- Promote and realize standards and fundamental principles and rights at work
- Create greater opportunities for women and men to decent employment and income
- Enhance the coverage and effectiveness of social protection for all, and
- Strengthen tripartism and social dialogue
International Labour Organization (ILO) Structure
Here in this section, we are providing the information about ILO (International Labour Organization) structure Let’s have a look.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
Q. What does ILO mean?
International Labour Organization is a specific agency of the United Nations (UN) that deals with labor-related issues across the world, including changing labor conditions and employment standards.
Q. What is the full form of ILO?
A. The full form of ILO is International Labour Organization
Q. What is the full form of ILO in United Nations?
A. International Labour Organization
Q. What is the full form of ILO in Associations & Organizations?
A. International Labour Organization