FCRA NGO Registration Latest Update: The home ministry states that the registration certificates of those entities whose validity was prolonged until June 30 and whose renewal application is pending would stand extended until September 30, 2022, or until the date of disposal of the renewal application, whichever is sooner.
On Wednesday, the Union Home Ministry extended the FCRA licences of those NGOs whose renewal applications are still pending or whose validity is about to expire until September 30. However, the home ministry made it plain in a notification those NGOs whose renewal application was denied will not be permitted to accept foreign funds.
The validity of FCRA entities whose five-year period of validity expires between July 1, 2022, and September 30, and which have applied or applied for renewal before the expiration of the five years will be extended until September 30, 2022, or until the date on which the renewal application is decided, whichever is earlier.
If the request to renew the certificate of registration is denied, “all FCRA registered associations are therefore advised to take note that the validity of the certificate shall be deemed to have expired on the date of the renewal application, and the association shall not be eligible to receive the foreign contribution or utilise the foreign contribution received,” the notification stated.
Nearly 1,900 NGOs had their FCRA registrations revoked by the government in the previous five years due to violations of various legal regulations. Up till December 2021, 22,762 organisations had FCRA registrations.
How to FCRA Online Registration Form?
The online application form FC-3 (A) for registration / FC-3 (B) prior permission has been designed in an easy-to-fill format. The applicant will find instructions on each web page of the online form while filling out the application. The procedure for online FCRA registration is explained here.
How to Fill FCRA Registration Procedure 2021 Step-by-Step Guidance
- Step 1: Go to the Official Website: Visit the ministry of home affairs website (http://fcraonline.nic.in).
- Step 2: FCRA Online Forms: After clicking on FCRA online forms link from the previous screen
- Step 3: FCRA Online Application for FCRA Registration: After clicking on the FC-3 Application for FCRA Registration link, click the Click to apply online button.
- Step 4: Login & Signup: After Clicking on Application for FCRA (FC3), Login & signup for a new account, and note down your user-id.
- Step 5 Applicant will log in with their user id, and password generated: Applicant will log in with their user id and password generated, fill in all the required details like FCRA registration association detail, FCRA registration executive committee details, EC details and other details, bank and other details.
- Step 6: Form Filling and Document Upload: After filling in all the required details, upload all the required documents and then submit the form.
- Step 7 Form Payment: Submit the online form payment and submit the form.
NOTE: See the detailed explanation of the FCRA online registration procedure step-by-step.