UNO stands for United Nations Organization. After witnessing the results of World War II, there is an international body established in 1945 and 51 nations came together with a common objective of preserving international peace and security. They decided to sign a treaty called the United Nations, a charter to create a new agency. Its main goal is to establish friendly relations between nations and contribute to the community, the standard of living and human rights.
UNO: United Nations Organization
Various important world bodies such as United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), WHO etc.
After the second world war,51 countries met in San Francisco with a common goal to maintain international peace and security and the purpose of signing a document which was the United Nations Charter founding the United Nations Organization (UNO) on 24 October 1945. Recently there are 193 member states in the UNO.
Today UNO is functioning in additional than 193 countries. It works with local communities, business partners and governments of the countries relations between nations and contributes to the community, living standards, & human rights.
|UNO||United Nations Organization|
|Headquarters||New York, United States|
|Formation||24 October 1945|
|Official languages||Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, and Spanish|
Most important goals of UNO
Members of states work together to fights climate changes. This organisation help solve the problems against the issue which disturb the peace, social growth and development.
- International peace and security
- Humanitarian assistance to those in need
- Upholding international law, protecting human rights, and promoting democracy
Sturctues of UNO
There is six main structure of United Nations Organisation:
- The General Assembly
- The Security Council
- The Economic and Social Council
- The Trusteeship Council
- The International Court of Justice
- The Secretariat
The General Assembly is the leading representative organ of the UN. All UN member states are represented in the General Assembly, which makes it the only UN body with universal representation.
- First Committee: It deals with Disarmament & International Security.
- Second Committee: It deals with Economic & Financial matters.
- Third Committee: It deals with Social, Humanitarian & Cultural matters.
- Fourth Committee: It deals with Special Political & Decolonization.
- Fifth Committee: It deals with Administrative & Budgetary matters.
- Sixth Committee: It deals with Legal Matters.
Q. What is Full form of UNO?
Ans. United Nations Organization (UNO).
Q. How many countries are in the United Nations?
Ans. There are 193 Countries.
Q. Who is the head of the UN?
Ans. Antonio Guterres is the 9th Secretary-General of the United Nations Organization.